Hydromx® Energy Saving Solution offers comprehensive system protection in addition to substantial energy savings.
- Comprehensive System Protection against corrosion, calcification, bacterial growth and freezing
- 15 Year Insurance Backed Warranty assuring continued performance
Hydromx® is an effective BuildCert CIAS approved inhibitor endorsed by The Energy Saving Trust. The four way system protection afforded will maintain the industry’s highest levels of boiler and system efficiency.
| Reduced Maintenance Costs | Increased Equipment Life | Asset protection |
The Consequences Of Unchecked Corrosion & Calcification
- Increased maintenance costs: boiler repairs, pumps, seals, leaks, chemical cleaning, power flushing
- Increased energy bills from reduced system efficiency
- Increased capital costs replacing boilers and systems prematurely
When a new heating system is installed the whole system should be flushed as part of the commissioning process. This removes debris or chemical deposits from the system. Systems are dosed with inhibitor, so that levels of corrosion and calcification are reduced and system performance is good.
However when maintenance is carried out it is typical for the system to be fully or partly drained and for inhibitor not to be added when refilling the system.
This is driven by two factors:
- The level of inhibitor dosing is unknown
- There is no immediate economic benefit.
The result is that the system is then open to corrosion and calcification attack.
The Corrosion Process
- The oxygen in air dissolved in the system water will react with the iron content in steel radiators to produce rust and hydrogen.
- The rust, hydrogen and heat can produce further chemical reactions within the system. The end product, magnetite or black sludge.
The Calcification Process (Limescale)
In hard water areas limescale may lead to:
- “Kettling” and boiler overheat problems.
- Restriction of flow and return pipes making pumps work harder and will limit thermal output of radiators.
- Sludge and rust deposits
- Radiator corrosion
- Premature boiler failure